Virtual Open House
Welcome to our Virtual Open House. We are excited to share with you the Bergen Catholic Difference and provide you with insight into how our programs help young men become Christian gentlemen. Founded and staffed by the Edmund Rice Christian Brothers, we are a faith-based school offering service programs that balance our academic life at Bergen Catholic. There are numerous rewarding mission and community-based service programs that help bring students closers to their faith and further understand the teachings of our founder, Blessed Edmund Rice, and the Essential Elements that help guide us and prepare us for life.
At Bergen Catholic, we are committed to teaching good manners and etiquette and expect our young man to learn the importance of being polite and treating each other fairly. We also expect our young men to treat others with respect and learn the importance of giving back in an effort to help those less fortunate. Our rigorous academic programs challenge students in all areas and help them reach their potential. We offer 18 Advanced Placement courses and have partnered with local universities to offer over 15 dual enrollment courses. These courses give students the opportunity to earn college-level credit while in high school. Our teachers continue to lead the way and I remain impressed by their dedication and decades of service to Bergen Catholic.
Our Crusader College Counseling Experience is truly unmatched. This college placement program begins in grade 9 and we partner with families to ensure that students are on the best track to maximize college acceptances and merit-based scholarship offers. We continue to enjoy multiple acceptances to top colleges throughout the US and receive record levels of merit-based scholarship awarded to members of the senior class.
One of the greatest opportunities at Bergen Catholic is for all students to be part of the Brotherhood. With over 700 students on campus and more than 12,000 alumni, our community is focused on ensuring we are all successful in high school, accepted to great colleges, positioned well for internship opportunities, and ready to launch a rewarding and fulfilling career in the workforce. Every day is a great day to be a Crusader! Thank you for joining us and we look forward to taking the journey with you and your family. May God bless you and keep you safe.
Dr. Brian Mahoney
The Speakers for the Crusader Coffee Series are going to be as follows:
- Admissions Q&A: Matt Rosa ’08, Director of Admissions and Bill Leonard ’10, Director of Outreach Wednesday September 30, 7pm
- Crusader College Counseling Experience: Mrs. Beth Walter, Director of College Counseling, Wednesday October 7, 7pm
- Technology at BC: Mr. Al Spiegel ’95, Director of Technology Wednesday October 14, 7pm
- Guidance and Student Success Center Panel: Mrs. Whitney Niles, Ms. Tiffany Witko, and Mr. Jeremy Winter Wednesday October 21, 7pm
- Activities at BC: Mr. Mike Rucereto ’11, Director of Activities Wednesday October 28, 7pm
- Performing Arts at BC: Mrs. Barbara Peraino, Director of Performing Arts Wednesday November 4, 7pm
- Academics at BC: Ms. Janet Conley, Mr. Jeff Fox, and Mr. Jorge Mascaro ’84 Wednesday November 11, 7pm
- Student Panel Wednesday November 18 , 7pm
- Athletics at BC: Mr. Brendan McGovern ’10 and Mr. Joseph Haemmerle ’86 December 2, 7pmParent Panel: Wednesday December 9, 7pm
- Alumni Panel: Wednesday December 16, 7pm
- Meet the Principal: Mr. Tim McElhinney Wednesday January 6, 2021 7pm
- Meet the President: Dr. Brian Mahoney Wednesday January 14, 2021 7pm